Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Artist Statement

Hi! Welcome to my Art Page!

My name is Ashley Parker and I am a multi-media artist who enjoys most forms of art. Currently, I own a small DJ business providing DJ and Karaoke for businesses and private events. Earlier this year, my career in graphic design and marketing inspired to continue digitally as enjoy designing logos and marketing media.  In 2015, I graduated with a Bachelor's of Fine Arts from Old Dominion University, concentrating in Drawing and Design including a minor in Art History.

 Since I was a small child, I was always involved in drawing, which progressed throughout my life. Although much of my work consists of oil paintings and charcoal drawings, I enjoy using other medias such as, pastels, print-making, colored pencil, clay, and I love creating sand sculptures during my leisure time. I enjoy creating portraits of animals and people or inspirational scenes of nature. My work is detailed with high contrast that captures the characteristics and shapes that I focus on.

Recently, I have begun to include more surrealism in my work, hoping to move closer to new ideas – adding more emphasis to color and form in the future. Since then, I have seemed to be using dual contexts of emotions that I have experienced, incorporating the figure and merging the good and the bad as I intend to inspire my viewers to remain positive in tough situations.



No comments:

Post a Comment